Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Routines

I am back at home and back to work, trying to get settled back into something close to what my daily routine is. Admittedly, my training routine has been erratic to say the least. I have been back on the treadmill a few times and actually ran outside once since I have been home. Happily, I have lost some weight while everything has been changed. I am down to 253 as of this morning. We didn't eat very much or on a regular schedule while I was gone, so I am not sure how much that was a part of the change. I can say that my in laws eat mostly organic, so that may have been a factor.
I am going to start Couch to 10K this evening. I have read through the process and there is an app for the iPhone that I can get to faciliate the process. I hope that I have not lost all of my progress to this point, but, I think having something consistant will help. I am also looking for a 10K to run in the next few months. Something local (around Portland, OR) would be preferred.
Something that I have learned is that having a consistant routine is very helpful. Also, running, even on the treadmill, is a better stress reliever than I realized.
As always, I am open to suggestions for training tips, or playlists.

1 comment:

  1. I started the Couch to 5K tonight. 5K season in my County starts next month and there are at least two a month. While I plan to walk the first few, I am excited that in a few months, I'll be running one.

    For money reasons I gave up Weight Watchers and the gym. Other things need my financial resources right now. I think I picked a good time to give up the gym - it's been really nice here.

    I've decided, to make my weight loss journey fun, to document it in a collaged journal. Tonight I'll be working on that. I don't want to say how much I weigh, but I've got at least 55 pounds to lose, if not more.

    Here with you, on your journey, Pal. Luck!

    ReplyDelete