Monday, March 8, 2010

Life Balances

While the primary arc to this blog is about working out and losing weight, there are other aspects of life that this fits into. I have written a little bit about goals and trying to strike a balance in life.
It has been about two weeks since I posted for one of those life balance kinds of reasons. There are a few places in the Bible that basically say that a person who doesnt take care of their family is worse than a non believer. I very much believe that to be the case. As some of whomever may be reading this, my Brother in Law has been battling Hodgekin's Lymphoma for about a year now and he is at a very important point in his fight. Without going into the details of another person's story, I have been focusing more time on being involved in his treatment, including taking time off of work and as a result, I have not been training much. I know now that taking care of someone who cannot take care of themselves clues you into things you didn't know you could do. Just from working with Aaron this past week, I think I have grown as a person, even though I have lost over two pounds.
I have read in a few places that there is a mindset in the Triathelete culture that causes life to become focused around training and workouts. While my current goals and ambitions are more consistant with becoming a Triathelete, I do not intend on letting that become the center of my life. I am OK with the consequences of that decision. There are battles out there that are exponentially more important than the one that I am preparing for.

No comments:

Post a Comment