Saturday, March 13, 2010

Losses and Gains

I referred in my last post to my Brother in Law's battle with Hodgekin's Lymphoma. He fought bravely against the disease. Sadly, Aaron passed away on 8 March, 2010 at approximately 6:30 in the evening. He was only 23 years old.
As the family has come together this past week, I have had the opportunity to hear stories, see films and listen to music that he created. He was a soldier, an actor, a musician and singer. I think that I have learned more from him in the past two weeks than I realized at the time. He looked for the positive things in life and chose to focus on those. He had a strict rule that there was to be no negativity in his room and didn't want to see people crying in front of him. I had the chance to help him in ways I would have never imagined.
He didn't complain about not being able to lie on his back, be comfortable or even having cancer in the first place. His passing has taken a lot from the family, but it also reminded us of what he gave us.
His funeral will be this coming Monday. I am looking forward to hearing new stories, meeting friends of his that I haven't had the pleasure to in the past. While we will return to our routines, the routines will not be the same completely. I plan to take his positive attitude his "Let's do it" spirit and apply it to the elements of my life in new ways.
Life, Love and Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment