Thursday, April 12, 2012

Caffeine Free Day 3


One of the benefits of being a foster parent is that there is never a shortage of beds. We don't have any little ones in the house a the moment. With my wife sick in bed, I am trying to give her the best chance to recover. I woke up at least 3 times in the night that I can remember. Main thought running through my mind was that I was going to oversleep my alarm on my phone. I got up at about 4:15. My back was killing me after night two on the couch. I have a permanent back injury from being hit by a drunk driver a few years ago. I am not disabled. Some days are just bad back days and this was one of those mornings.
I had a little trouble focusing when I first got to work, but, that started to clear up as I moved around more and drank some water. I feel like I functioned alright as the day went on. I was ready for bed at about 9, but, didn't end up going to bed until about 10. Kindle was off and my eyes were shut by 10:30.
Main thing I changed was I used one of the twin beds that we have for our older foster placements. I haven't slept on a bed that small since I was a kid living in California. The hope is that sleeping in a bed will be more restful than sleeping on the couch. Stay tuned.

Photo: The actually bed I am using for now. They are not as cool as my Star Wars sheets I had as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment