Friday, April 3, 2009

This is where it begins...

I have been thinking about writing this for a very long time.  For those of you who do not know me personally, I have been an overweight person for as long as I can remember.  While I am not a sedentary person, I don't exercise on a regular basis and eat things that I really should not.  I have a sweet tooth and I eat a lot more than I really need to.  I would suspect that my confession here is not a surprise to those who know me and may not even sound different to those who have similar life experiences.
While I cannot change my personal past, I can take steps to the not repeat it.  This blog is part of that process.  I am going to use this to document my personal weight loss journey.  I will talk about the things I read about and the things I do to achieve whatever weight loss goal that I come up with.  I will not weigh myself on a daily basis, or document every exercise I do, or everything that I eat in this blog.  I will keep a personal exercise and food journal, but, I really don't think that anyone will want to read that.  Instead, the idea here to try to help encourage others while I get some online "accountability."  I want to make this as interactive as possible.   I want to encourage anyone who reads this to feel free to contact me.  I am by no means an expert on this, but, please feel free to contact me.  My address for this stuff is 1pairofshoes@gmail.com.  I will also take tips from people who have come across concepts and ideas that have worked for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment