Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Year of the Refit: End of Week 1

 This was one of those weeks where I am kind of glad that there are 52 in a year. The first 4 days of the new year were pretty strong. I put down 16.5 miles and filled up all of my rings on 3 of the 4 days (one day I was an hour short of my stand goal). The 5th was were the downfall began.

The 5th was my birthday and I didn't feel too bad about how that morning went. I didn't respond to my alarm as I should have and missed my window for running in the morning. While I wasn't bummed about getting a little older, I wasn't looking forward to the day. My depression has been pretty bad for a while and I was concerned about how I am feeling might get worse or become more visible to the people around me. Since I am relatively new on my job, it was a Tuesday, like any other day at work, which I was happy about. My wife had a minor surgical procedure that day as well. Overall, it lead to the mellow evening that I wanted.

The core problem has been with the rest of the week. I don't know what the deal was, but I had a few straight morning where my alarms on my phone and I were not seeing eye to screen. I am not sure how, but I managed to wake up in time to get to work. The end result was that I did not run, or fill my rings.

I have a couple of options in front of me at this point. I can beat myself up over not hitting my goals, or I can give myself some grace and get back to work. The first choice will be of no help, so number 2 it is.

So, here are this weeks numbers...

I am up 2 pounds from baseline. I think some of that is from my body getting confused with the changes after the holiday.

I ran 16.5 miles last week. That is what I have to build on.

I managed to hit my spiritual targets for the week. I feel like there is more that I can do.

I did not spend any time working on my programming plans this week. I did make head way in the books I am reading though, so can call that a small win. I also got some things taken care of on my action item lists. That hasn't been the case for a while. I hope I started to add some wrinkles to my brain this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment